2007 NFKL Expansion News
Plans for the 2009 Expansion
1. Expand two teams, will need one expansion team GM and I will take the other, and one replacement for the War Eagles.
2. 3 divisions will be kept with expansion teams added to two divisions making them 5 team divisions, and one will be kept a four team division. (we could go two 7 team divisions if the league wishes, we can decide on this later)
3. Playoffs will go to 6 teams with the two best division winner records getting a bye and moving the wildcard # of teams to 3 with next best records.
4. At the end of the season I will as always let each GM know who has lost minor moves due to over the limit of IP or AB, and they will have a chance to promote to major team or release. DL is finished for the year and teams with DL players have to decide whether to make room or release them to reach the major limit of 25.
5. The 12 existing teams will send a list of 7 players from their major roster to be made available for the expansion teams draft of 15 rounds. No team can lose more than 3 from their roster.
6. The 12 existing teams will send a list of 7 minor players to be made available for the expansion teams draft of 15 rounds. No team can lose more than 4 from their roster.
7. The 2 expansion teams will then have a 15 round draft of available FA that will include major and minor players available from the FA.
8. The 2 expansion teams will rotate the top two spots for the minor and supp. draft for the coming season.
9. The 2 expansion teams will rotate the top two spots for the 2009 season waiver wire. All other teams will rotate the 3-14 waiver spots (with teams claiming waiver players moving to the end of the waiver list as we do now).
10. The 2 expansion teams will receive 25 roster moves for the 2009 season, 5 more than the others.